Four program rooms - The Granite Room, The Quarry Room, The Granite Quarry Room and The Children’s Program Room - of the Milford Town Library are available for educational, recreational and civic purposes provided that such use does not interfere with regular library services or programs and that those groups using the facilities conform to the following rules:
- Reservations for the use of the meeting space must be made by a responsible member of the organization requesting the use of the room who will see that all library rules are followed. Profit making organizations are required to pay a fee of $100 for The Granite Quarry Room and $50 for The Granite Room, The Quarry Room or the Children’s Program Room. Reservations are not confirmed until payment is received.
- Reservations from organizations for use of the meeting room space are made on the library’s application form, located on the EventKeeper calendar or by contacting the Circulation Supervisor. Reservations for meeting space are not confirmed until the reserving party is notified. Acceptance of any room reservation does not imply Milford Library sponsorship. Groups wishing to book use of the meeting space in the next calendar year may do so beginning August 15th of the previous year. Meeting space is provided primarily for library-related activities such as discussion groups, slide or film programs or lectures sponsored or co-sponsored by the library. These activities will receive priority in the use of the meeting space. External lit sign is for events sponsored or co-sponsored by the Library only.
- Advertising is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
- Verbal or written cancellation of a meeting room reservation is required in advance. Failure to notify the Library of a cancellation in the scheduled use of a meeting room may result in the denial of any future requests by the sponsoring organization and the forfeit of the meeting room fee.
- Regular library service must take precedence over all other activities and the use of the meeting space must not interfere with the operation of the library. People attending meetings held in the Library meeting rooms are asked to park on the street or in the Municipal lots that are available near the Library. We ask that you refrain from parking in the public lot as space for patrons is limited.
- The Granite Quarry Room measures 44’ X 32’ with a maximum capacity of 100 people, set by the Milford Fire Department. The Granite Room, The Quarry Room and The Children’s Program Room all measure 22 x 32 with a maximum capacity of 50 people.
- Meeting space is only available during regular library hours. All use of the meeting rooms must begin after the Library has opened to the public, and meeting rooms must be cleared 15 minutes before scheduled closing time. A request to waive this rule must be made in writing at least one week in advance to the Library Director. Waiver of this rule, if approved by the Director, will require a charge in the amount required to pay for Custodial overtime. The Library is closed on all Massachusetts legal holidays, Sundays and on Saturdays during the summer months.
- An admission fee may be charged for special programs only with prior approval in writing from the Board of Library Trustees. Groups using the Library meeting rooms may sell merchandise.
- All meetings must be open to the public. Private parties by invitation only are not permitted.
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages are allowed in the building or near the main entrance.
- Groups holding meetings must assume responsibility for any loss or damage to the Library property and must leave the facilities in order. Nothing may be hung on the walls of the meeting rooms.
- The Library is not responsible for materials, supplies, or equipment owned by the group and used by them in the Library.
- Only light refreshments may be served in the meeting rooms. There are no kitchen facilities. Groups serving refreshments must remove all left over food and drink and bag all the trash.
- Reservations must be made in advance for the use of the library’s audiovisual equipment and must be operated by a qualified person.
- The custodian has full authority to insure that all provisions of the rules and regulations are observed. Keys to the meeting rooms will not be given out to any group.
- The Staff Lounge, telephones and fax machines are not available for public use. Library staff is not responsible for relaying messages to individuals in the meeting rooms.
- The Library Trustees reserve the right to refuse the use of the library meeting rooms or cancel any reservation when they deem the action to be in the best interest of the Library and/or Town.
- The Library meeting rooms will not be available for use in the event that the building is closed due to emergency conditions or inclement weather. Groups that have reserved a library meeting room should listen to the local radio station, WMRC AM 1490, check the library website, or call the library for announcements of delayed openings or early closings.
- Use of the Library meeting rooms by any group in no way constitutes endorsement of that group’s policies or activities by the Library.
Adopted by the Board of Library Trustees, November 12, 1997
Amended by the Board of Library Trustees, December 8, 1999
Amended by the Board of Library Trustees, June 13, 2000
Amended by the Board of Library Trustees, November 14, 2000
Amended by the Board of Library Trustees, June 11, 2002
Amended by the Board of Library Trustees, October 14, 2003
Amended October 25, 2007
Amended March 14, 2013